My primary research interests are in the related fields of information visualization and visual analytics. I’m also interested in human-computer interaction, particularly in the area of social networks. Outside of computer science, I have a healthy interest in mathematics, astronomy, physics, geography, science fiction, hockey, engineering, environmentalism, music, dinosaurs, shipwrecks, meteorology, statistics, soccer, … the list goes on and on.
Here is a quick summary of the research projects which I have either lead or made contributions towards. You can find full descriptions on each of the accompanying pages. A publication list is also included here.
- FluxE: An astrophysical flux explorer
- Fixing TIM: A protein mutation analysis tool
- RuleBender: A BioNetGen development environment
- MOSBIE: A model comparison engine
- Social Media Nursing: A study on the safe use of technology by nursing professionals
- Gun/Homicide Analytics: A statistical correlation mining tool for homicide data
- Rosetta Fist: An interactive American Sign Language tutoring system